HOW TO APPLY
We’ve put together a list of frequently asked questions to help you with the application and recruitment process at Oxford University Press.
- Do you accept speculative applications?
- We do not accept speculative applications and instead, provide a job alerts service on the recruitment homepage. If you choose to register for this you will be notified by e-mail every time a vacancy meeting your requirements is added to our website.
- How can I identify if a role is permanent or a fixed term contract?
- All of our roles are permanent unless otherwise indicated in the job advert.
b) Making an Application
- Do I have to apply using the online application system?
- Yes, all applications need to be received this way due to the need to capture key data for reporting and monitoring purposes. It also ensures we have all your relevant contact information.
- How long will completion of the online form take?
- Once you have prepared your CV/Resume, the online application will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- Can I apply for more than one position?
- Providing you meet the required criteria of the role, as stated in the advert, we are happy for you to apply for more than one position.
- Can I apply for a post if I have been unsuccessful in a previous application?
- Each vacancy is assessed separately so we are happy for you to apply for other positions if you meet the relevant criteria.
- What do you expect to see in my CV/Resume?
- The CV/Resume should present a brief account of your career. It should present your knowledge, experience, skills and competencies. Ideally it should be no longer than two sides of A4 and needs to include enough information for the recruiter to decide whether you are likely to be a suitable candidate.
- Do I need to submit a covering letter with my application?
- There is no requirement for a separate covering letter. What if I need assistance with making my application? If you require any help with applying for a position, please contact the recruiter listed on the job advert.
- I did not receive an email confirming my application for a job, what should I do?
- Please login to your account via our website and you will be able to view the status of your application.
c) Updates on My Application
- When can I expect to hear about the status of my application and how will I be notified?
- It can take up to 3 weeks from the closing date for us to contact you. However, during peak recruitment periods, this can be as long as 4 to 5 weeks. You will be notified via email of the outcome of your application.
- How can I get feedback on my application?
- Due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to provide individual feedback.
d) Recruitment Agencies
- We do not accept speculative applications from agencies directly. If you are already an approved supplier please login to the agency portal to submit your candidates for review.
- Any applications sent outside of the agency portal or directly to hiring managers within the business are not deemed to be formal introductions.
- We are not currently reviewing or adding to our supplier list. We will make details available on this page at time of review.
Back to Ask Oxford